Monday, July 6, 2009

Wimbledon withdrawal.


The side effects from the blissful two weeks of Wimbledon have already sabotaged my happiness.

I feel a million times worse than the way I normally feel when smashed by a terrible hangover.

Why don't they schedule Wimbledon at least twice a year?


Anyway, besides my joyless mood, I absolutely enjoyed those fourteen days of top class tennis.

To sugarcoat the moment, my favourite player, Serena Williams came out tops, defeating her elder sis who was also the defending champion, in straight sets.

The sisters went on to scoop the doubles title, somehow a consolation for the tear-stained Venus.

Everyone is free to say whatever they want about the Williams sisters, but one thing still is clear, they are true STARS!


Roger Federer is spinning on top of the world as am typing this for he just broke a record of being the first man ever to win 15 Grand Slams. I'm sure Peter Sampras wishes he was back on tour.

Roger is surely a veritable tennis legend. Everytime he's on court, magic surges out. Yestersday's match was one of the greatest and longest finals Wimbledon has seen in a long time. To think I even thought of missing it.....

I must say, Andy Roddick fought with everything he had, only the odds were totally against him. He must be not only hip-broken, but also heart-bruised.


Till next year.....



No comments:

Post a Comment